Broadway Baptist Church 7400 Getwell Rd. Southaven, MS 38672 662-349-2914
| Grades 1-5
| Kids' & Wee Kids' Praise
| Welcome Parents
HOW PARENTS CAN HELP
The major way you can help our Children's Ministry is by having happy children in a Godly home. Your love for Jesus and your dedication to Him will be reflected in your children.Here are a few suggestions:
• Have a consistent, daily time in which you and your children read the Bible and pray together. Teach your children to talk to Jesus as a friend.
• Encourage your child to share with you about his Bible lesson and Bible verse. Review these with him throughout the week. Repetition is the key to retention. Display the crafts and artwork to help in your review.
• Talk pleasantly and happily about church, and about your child's classes and teachers. Your joyful and grateful attitudes will rub off on your child. • Boundaries and limits build security in children. Establish some of these for your child at home, and enforce them consistently. This will help immensely as teachers enforce boundaries and limits at church.
• Love your child for who he is, not for what he does. Jesus' love for us is unconditional, and our love for our children should be the same. This unconditional love from parents and teachers lays a strong foundation now for a strong faith later.
• Allow your child to grow in independence as he explores his world. Encourage him to try new things and have confidence in his own abilities that God has given him.
• Dress your child in simple, washable clothes. When toilet training, please send a change of clothing, just in case. Be sure they are labeled with child's name!
• Please discourage your child from bringing toys from home. Toys in the classroom are designed to enhance the Bible lesson for that day.
• Teach your child to obey, the first time they are spoken to. Obedience is the very best way to show that we believe. Obedience is best taught by example. Talk consistently about how you obey authorities, laws, etc.
• Learn to be positive in your commands and request. Most negative things can be said in a positive mode, such as "we walk inside, running is for outdoors", "and God gave us our hands to help, not to hit or throw things." It takes practice, but it will improve your attitude as well as that of your child.
• Minister once a month with us as a volunteer. We cannot survive without our parents!
Broadway Baptist Church • 7400 Getwell Road • Southaven, MS 38672 • (662) 349-2914
©2006 Broadway Baptist Church Contributors: Web Development Team All Rights Reserved